Thursday, November 11, 2010

it's thursday

Which means! We have 5 days till baby girl is here! It seems increasingly unreal to be honest. I may try to take some time away from facebook. I am "friends" with "faces of loss. faces of hope" on facebook. It's a group of women who have experienced baby loss. Whether it be stillbirth, miscarriage, infant death..Yesterday I got on my facebook page and on the newsfeed a story popped up about how a lady lost her baby to a umbilical cord accident. She was about as far along as I am it sounded like in the story. As tragic as that is and sad to hear, I don't want to put myself in the way of those stories. Does that make me selfish? Since I read the story, I have been wondering if Claire will tie herself up in her cord. I know its probably not likely but I still wonder.

Last night, Joe and I went to CCH for the first time in 3 weeks I believe. It was just what we needed at just the right time. The preacher there as been talking about the sermon on the mount. Last night we talked about worry (matthew 6).  Yesterday morning I had my last meeting with the Bible study group I had been attending and we talked about worry too and how God provides for us! I think God is trying to tell me something =)

This morning, a woman from that study brought over groceries for Joe and I. We also received financial help from the church we are now attending. We are blessed! I think God has been providing so much at just the right time. Do you ever feel like that? I mean, here we are 5 days away from the birth of our baby girl and I personally am scared. I am constantly asking myself "is she moving normally?" I think he's trying to help calm our nerves. I talked to my younger sister last night. She suggested I just watch funny movies the rest of the week! I do agree that doing that would probably keep my emotions on the higher end of the spectrum.

Now for some "worry" quotes
"if I had my life to live over, I would perhaps have more actual troubles but I'd have fewer imaginary ones."Don Herold


Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.  ~Author Unknown


Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which will never happen.  ~James Russel Lowell



Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.  ~Leo Buscaglia


Troubles are a lot like people - they grow bigger if you nurse them.  ~Author Unknown


I keep the telephone of my mind open to peace, harmony, health, love and abundance.  Then, whenever doubt, anxiety or fear try to call me, they keep getting a busy signal - and soon they'll forget my number.  ~Edith Armstrong




Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere.  ~Glenn Turner




Worry bankrupts the spirit.  ~Berri Clove




Now, what have we learned here? That worrying is stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment