Thursday, November 18, 2010

Claire




Our baby girl is here!!! she came on tuesday @ 1:07pm. She weighed 6 lbs 6 ounces and was 18 3/4 inches long! She's a good baby. Of course she sleeps a lot..and poops! She was given a little bit of oxygen after birth but the doctor isn't concerned at all that she is going to have respiratory issues. I shouldn't be on here long as baby girl keeps waking up from her slumber (its time to nurse in a bit anyway)

When she gets frustrated, her whole body turns beat red. It kind of scared us to be honest but the nurses and doctors don't show any concern and I don't have ANY medical knowledge so I guess I'm just being a paranoid momma. Tuesday night she slept in my room with us. she only woke up twice in the middle of the night, and that was cause she was hungry I think (of course I feed her in the middle of the night) Life has changed a lot in the last two days! It's a scary but a very welcomed change. We are still kinda overwhelmed I think that we have been given this baby. We are sort of scared to take her home because we are responsible for her and apparently are supposed to know whats best..but we're a little scared of messing it up. At the same time, I'm excited to get our new lives started, get out of this gown and this room.

No comments:

Post a Comment