Saturday, March 10, 2012

He saves me from myself

Thats the lesson in this week James' study. It has been awesome and totally what I need right now. I have been feeling so lonely (like, I'm in this BIG world alone and God has either left me or is nonexistent)  The lessons are divided up into days. Day 1,2,3,4 and 5. Anyway, I just finished day 3. All I can really say is "WOW!" We talked about the devil and his schemes and how God is in control. I honestly don't do a very good job at looking up scripture when she says 'refer to this book and verse' but I have had a thirst as of late She mentioned 2 Timothy 2:26 "Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil's trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants." (NLT) Earlier in the study, it was mentioned how "he hopes we'll think God has suddenly turned on us and we'll grow stff-necked and hardhearted." So, totally where I have lately!!! I don't know if this post is flowing very well or even makes much sense but I wanted to share what I have been learning. In today's lesson, she includes reasons to submit to God. May I share them with you?


-God knows everything about you and every matter concerning you. Nothing is hidden from his sight. So submit to God


-He is always looking out for your ultimate good and takes your hurts personally. So submit to God. 


-He is holy and worthy and incapable of abusing His divine authority over you. So submit to God.


-He knows your motive was right but your mouth messed up. So submit to God.


-He hows exactly how to make terrible into good. So submit to God. (this one personally hit me. I lost my full term baby almost 3 years ago...BIG OUCH!)


-He loves you completely and unconditionally and will never let you go. So submit to God.


-He knows the well-deliberated plan for your life and how all things must fall into place for you to fulfill your destiny. So submit to God.


-He will never put to shame those who trust in Him. So submit to God.


I am grateful to Beth Moore and to God of course for bringing this study to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment